.

Get'cha FLY On Fisha'

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Slaving For The Man!

Opening day has come and gone here in the ATL, as well as your weekly Wednesday humpfest without so much as a peep out of yours truly (not that anyone reads this anyway). What have I been up to you ask?? Well not that I'm complaining but I have been busy slaving for the man. Looking at the bigger picture the more work the more the opportunities to buy rods and other useless FLY junk...
Anywho with the most excellent weather we have been having the fishing reports have been solid with some nice fish being caught! With some free time Friday I made it out on the Lake with Doggie for a bit to see if we could tangle with some linesides. The Stripes ended up being MIA but Doggie managed to boat a few spots on a Yamamoto special while I went home with nothing to show for my efforts but an uneven farmers tan and an unmolested FLY. I decided I needed to feel a tight line so I rounded up the troops again yesterday morning and we headed for the RIVER. We arrived to see the human hatch going in full force and a few Dale Earnhardt fans even going for a swim (RIP Intimidator). After sight seeing for a bit we jumped in and immediately began catching fish. We ended up catching our fair share of snits and also LDR'ed a few better fish. Most fish came on midges and while we did see some risers there was no steady surface activity. On a side note while fishing one of the first runs a rogue goose ran straight into my stick on the back cast... I assume the goose had been in the parking lot huffing paint although I cannot confirm this. Who knows maybe he/she was feeling a little disoriented after drinking some of the River water... whatever the case that would have been the catch (or ride) of a lifetime. We ended up calling it quits around four as I was starting to feel the affects of my newly added layer of sunburn. It was a good day of catching and hanging out with the crew. I won't bore you with pics of tiny trouts but will leave you with KPV working a run hard....





J

No comments:

Post a Comment