.

Get'cha FLY On Fisha'

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The River and The ZA

I have been awaiting the arrival of my new Sage ZA like an expecting dad and instead of pacing the floor waiting on the kind but SLOW postal worker I decided with nothing better to do I would head to THE RIVER (it sounds so magical) to pass the time. After filling up with grease (props to the lovely ladies at Daisy's Drive Thru... I hope the economy does not drive your business in the ground, as the void will cause me to go into dt's in the morning) I made it to the lot donned the waders and was off like a prom dress. The recent weather is somewhat confusing and I think the fish seem to agree. I fished for an hour or so dredging everything in the box while only turning one fish on a little bit of Worm Candy. Either way I was relaxing with the ZA off my mind when I noticed tons of little midges in the air and the fish starting to rise. I clipped off the lead and the floro leader, threw on a tapered leader, tied on a size #20 Griffins Gnat and second cast BAM! First fish of the year on a dry.

 
I managed to pick up another butter belly on my way out, but by this time I was just trying to get home to see if the stork had delivered the goods. I made it home to find out the damn postal driver wouldn't leave it without a signature. I was peeved but I guess it's better than having it stolen off your front porch by some meth addict. I got up this morning and made my way to the post office first thing (after a stop at Daisy's of course) to pick her up, and it's a straight up canon! I'm bias and your probably not going to hear us talk about any other rods so get over it! (I may also be a little late to the ZA party but please remember I have champagne taste on a beer budget...) I have plans to Baptize her next month with the FLY crew. More details on this later!

 J
 

No comments:

Post a Comment